In-country Amicus representatives will have specific cost information. We work to keep our costs as low as possible but never compromise the best experience you can have during your year in the U.S. with Amicus. Below is a list covering the majority of what is included in your Amicus year:
- A carefully selected host family with room and board and a caring environment. Please note: Host families volunteer and receive no financial compensation for hosting a student. They provide room and board to students voluntarily.
- Coordination of placement in an accredited U.S. high school.
- All necessary paperwork to obtain a J-1 visa.
- SEVIS fee paid in order to obtain a J-1 visa.
- Medical insurance coverage equal to or exceeding the standards established by the U.S. Department of State.
- Young Life week-long summer camp at one of our resort-quality camps.
- Final session and touring in Washington, D.C.
- Discounted fee at a Young Life weekend fall camp at one of our resort-quality camps.
- Orientation and preparation meetings in both your home country and the United States.
- Designated, trained local Mentor to assist throughout the exchange year.
- Three plus decades of experience placing exchange students and the support and resources of a large international youth organization, Young Life, with volunteer staff in the U.S. and overseas.
- Support and emergency assistance from Amicus and the Young Life staff.
- Official Student Handbook to prepare and equip each student for a successful year.
- Official Host Family Handbook and orientation to prepare families.
- Certificate of Completion.